By accessing this web site, you are entering into a legal agreement between you and Local News Now LLC (known as “BethesdaNow.com”) and you shall be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and shall be responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on BethesdaNow.com’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on BethesdaNow.com’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by BethesdaNow.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on BethesdaNow.com’s web site are provided “as is”. BethesdaNow.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, BethesdaNow.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall BethesdaNow.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on BethesdaNow.com’s Internet site, even if BethesdaNow.com or an BethesdaNow.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on BethesdaNow.com’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. BethesdaNow.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. BethesdaNow.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. BethesdaNow.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
BethesdaNow.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by BethesdaNow.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
7. Comments / Message Board Posts
With regards to comments on our articles, we encourage a vigorous debate of issues important to the community. We ask, however, that users keep the conversation civil and on-topic. We reserve the right to edit or remove any comments or message board posts with or without warning.
The “golden rule” applies. Any posts or comments that contain the following will likely be removed:
- Personal attacks
- Hate speech, racism or discriminatory remarks
- Threats of violence
- Off-topic diatribes
- Negative remarks directed at victims of tragic events
- Profane or vulgar language
- Misleading claims about the comment’s authorship
- Unsubstantiated, specific allegations of a crime against an individual who has not been charged with or investigated for a crime
- Comments about illegal immigration in articles that contain no reference to immigration or illegal immigrants
- Personally identifying information, such as phone numbers, home addresses or the full names of private individuals not directly connected with a given story.
- Posts designed to stifle or disrupt conversation. This includes intentionally provocative ”troll” comments, accusing a commenter of posting too much or using a “straw man,” etc.
By posting comments or any other content to the web site you grant BethesdaNow.com a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable license to use, copy, display, distribute, adapt and create derivative works from such comments or other content in any medium throughout the world, and you represent and warrant that you have rights in such content sufficient to grant such license.
BethesdaNow.com will not remove comments upon request. Any request to remove a comment for any reason other than a violation of comment policy will be ignored. BethesdaNow.com will not respond to any emails or phone calls regarding our comment policy. Repeated complaints about comment moderation will result in you being permanently banned from commenting.
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to BethesdaNow.com’s web site shall be governed by U.S. federal law or by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), if you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content on the web site infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA by contacting our Copyright Agent at arlingtonnews(at)gmail.com.
1. Collection of Information
The Information That We Collect
When you visit the web site you provide us with incidental web site usage information that is collected by our servers on a real-time basis.
Children’s Personal Information
BethesdaNow.com does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13. If we find out that we have received such personal information, we will take prompt and reasonable steps to delete it.
Third-Party Ad-serving Companies
The web site displays advertisements, including advertisements provided by third-party ad-serving companies and ad networks. Some of these ad networks may place functionality on the web site, or a third party site through which they serve ads, in order to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement regardless of the site on which the ad is displayed. Thus, third party ad-serving companies or ad networks could compile information about where you are using your computer, where you saw their advertisements, and which ads you clicked on. Such information would allow the third party to deliver targeted advertisements that it believes will be of interest to you.
2. Use of Your Information
BethesdaNow.com may integrate and use your personal information to help enhance and personalize your use of the web site. BethesdaNow.com may also use your personal information to communicate with you for such purposes as advisement of system downtimes, announcements regarding the launch of new services, and responses to user inquiries. Your email address will not be used for the purpose of sending you third-party marketing or “spam” messages.
Comments or other content that you upload to the web site will be available to other site users and to the public. We cannot control the actions of other members or third parties with whom you may share comments or other content.
Web Site Usage Information
The web site usage information that we may collect (e.g., cookies, Internet tags, web beacons, etc.) from visitors and registered users of the web site may be used by BethesdaNow.com to monitor the operation, technical functions and quality of the web site and analyze demographic information about the web site’s users. This information may also be used to provide general statistics regarding use of the web site. We may also use such information for research or improvements of the web site and the services we offer. This data may further be used by BethesdaNow.com to deliver customized content and advertising to you when your online behavior indicates that you are interested in a particular subject area.
Search Engines and Other Sites
Search engines and other web sites not affiliated with BethesdaNow.com, such as archive.org and google.com, may crawl the web site and facilitate the accessibility to the public of publicly-available content and postings from the web site. The web site may also contain links to other sites. BethesdaNow.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other web sites. BethesdaNow.com encourages its visitors and users to be aware when they leave.